Thursday, February 22, 2007

Forest's learner's permit

Forest got his learner's permit yesterday. It was so exciting. After we picked it up, I let him drive me around for a while. We have done that in May but never in Austin. He did a pretty good job. I was trying very hard not to be too critical, remembering my mother yelling at me when I first started driving. ha ha. He said he was nervous. He wanted to practice certain navigations like an unprotected left and so forth. He had good use of signals. There was one incident where he started pulling into the next lane and almost hit a motorcycle that was in his blind spot. That was a little scary. Overall though, it was a very successful first experience! I am excited for him. Last night when I was saying goodnight, he asked if he could drive to school tomorrow. It reminds me of what a great feeling it is when you first start driving. While we were practising yesterday, we went to Sonic to rest and have a snack and he saw some friends there. I am sure he felt great sitting in the driver's seat!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home