Friday, March 02, 2007

I won't ever regret not trying

Man, I had one of those days yesterday when my body made me go slowly. I didn't accomplish as much as I wanted to. My muscles were kind of sore all day! I think it was from tensing up during my dental appointment on Wednesday. It has been so long since I have had that kind of work done. All the drilling and burnt tooth smells are really taxing! I cannot imagine having that work done without anesthesia. The drilling super creeps me out. I have one more session to do the fillings on the other side of my mouth and then he wants me to have my last wisdom tooth pulled. Yikes!

It turned out that Forest went around talking to different senators on Wednesday. They had 30 minute meetings and Forest was there to explain how much his charter school has helped him. I did a little research on it this morning and it looks like there is a bill to change the regulations for charter schools in Texas. It could end up closing under-performing schools. I don't really understand much about it beyond the few stories I was able to read this morning but I do know that the school Forest is in now is the very best school experience we have ever had and that he seems to be very focused and engaged for the first time ever on succeeding in school and thinking about his future. It is sad to think that the school could be shut down because of a few kids who don't care about attendance or performing well on TAKS. Public school just doesn't serve the needs of every student and not everyone can afford private school.

I made some new coin necklaces yesterday. I used old francs that I bought in the Paris flea market. I love coin necklaces! I bought some new lights for my jewelry photography that I need to test out today. I have been having shitty luck with my photographs lately. I have been experimenting with all the different settings on my camera to try to make my pictures even better and I just haven't found the magic formula yet. So, I am going back to working with lights. Hope I have more success with my next round of photos. My shelf at P&L is going really well. I was just a little short of my goal for this month and I didn't expect to get anywhere near it since February is always so slow. I feel super good about that! I am just trying to figure out what designs and price range sell best there.

I am developing a website for one of James' clients right now. It is the first one I have ever done for pay! I kind of like building websites. I wouldn't mind taking more classes and learning more about it. I would like to take a lot of classes - photoshop, photography, dreamweaver, etc.

I am also working on a book proposal for a vintage jewelry making craft book. I was contacted through my website by someone from a major book publishing company to write a book proposal. I am working on gathering the information right now. I have really gone back and forth on whether I wanted to pursue it but after having a good conversation with Kristin L. about it I have decided to go ahead through the process and just see what happens. I won't be completely heartbroken if I don't get an offer but at least I won't ever regret not trying. Speaking of which, I really need to get busy on it.

2 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Wow, congrats on the book proposal! That sounds awesome!

I am with you on the wisdom tooth thing--I am supposed to have mine taken out but I'm too scared.

 
At 4:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

book proposal! that's really cool. I think your attitude is right on -- at least you won't regret not trying; I think that should apply to everything in life.

-Raquel

 

Post a Comment

<< Home