Wednesday, March 14, 2007

New leaves, crazy thrifter & getting waxes cast

I am thrilled to see that there are new leaves on the trees we planted in the backyard. The loquat looks like it's springing upward, the desert willow has sprouted a bunch of new leaves and the crepe myrtles have leaves on their underside. Yay! The rain has also helped the weeds. Looks like I am up for a few more weeks worth of weed pulling. At Natural Gardener they told us about corn gluten that you can spray on your yard in the winter to keep the weeds down. I am putting a reminder in my computer to do it next winter!

I had a successful thrifting trip on Sunday. I went out to try and find more drinking glasses but ended up with three new shirts, one skirt, a cool swag lamp, some vintage jewelry, a vintage white planter and a cool metal tray. Oh, and I did find one drinking glass. I would have had two cool swag lamps but the other one got sniped right out from under my nose. There are some hardcore thrifters out there. I was looking at this set of lamps and just forming the thought that I wanted to buy them and this woman and her daughter walked up and were like "this lamp is nice, it's $15, let's get it." And she just took it, even though I was clearly standing in front of it, looking at it. I couldn't believe it. So, I grabbed the other one and walked away quickly. I was afraid she would wrestle me for it! Crazy!!

I finally got an email back from the book people. She liked my table of contents but had a few suggestions for me. What a relief! So, I will keep plugging away on that.

On Monday I took my first batch of waxes in to get the professionally cast into sterling silver. I am just having so much trouble getting to class to do the casting right now and that seems to be slowing down the progress on putting out a sterling line so hopefully this will work out. I am anxious to have them back and see how they come out. I should get them back mid next week.

Had a lovely coffee date with Victoria and Amy B. yesterday. We are discussing the possibility of applying to the Renegade Craft Fair in New York this year. It would be a lot of fun. Hope we get in!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home