Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Home from San Francisco



San Francisco was such a great trip! The show was on Saturday. I spent most of the day doing that. Sold some pieces and met lots of new people. Made friends with all the designers at neighboring tables. It was a lot of fun. I was so tired after the show. I wanted to go out for dinner and maybe see a play but I was afraid I would fall asleep! I looked up a neat restaurant but unfortunately they were all booked when I got there so I just walked around and took pictures.

On Sunday, one of my neighbors at the show, Jennifer, had invited me to join her and some friends to go see the Vivienne Westwood exhibit at the de Young Museum in Golden Gate Park. That was so much fun. I didn't know much about Vivienne Westwood before but, wow, what an amazing woman. The show was super inspiring with tons of great clothing, footwear and videos of her fashion shows. It was neat to hang out with Jennifer and her friends, Sandra and Amelia. Jennifer has a store in the Mission area called Porcelynne. She has her living quarters and studio in the back which was really cool. She makes lingerie! It was fun getting to ride around in the back of Sandra's car, seeing the city.

After the show we had lunch at a neat little cafe and then I had to catch my plane home. It was such a nice trip, made even better by the making of new friends.

Met Amy B. and Victoria for coffee again yesterday. We are definitely applying for Renegade! Fingers crossed.

My poor pup is not feeling well. He started limping last week so I took him to the vet before my trip. The vet gave him some medicine for arthritis which didn't sit well on his stomach. This morning I woke up to some rather disturbing business on the floor so having cleaned that all up and completely disinfected the area, we are going back to the vet! Poor thing!

2 Comments:

At 5:25 PM, Blogger raquel said...

what a great trip! The pictures look beautiful. hugs to zaphod.

 
At 11:54 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

I am glad you had a good trip! And I am sorry Zaphod isn't feeling well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home