Thursday, March 22, 2007

In praise of pants.

This morning I had that really great feeling of putting on my pants and having them fit perfectly. You know how sometimes they're kind of tight and you have to sit around in them so they stretch out, well, not this morning. Pants are just the greatest thing. I have worn skirts for so long and now I am just starting to wear pants again. I think they are a good gauge for where your body is, like they let you know if you are on track or not. Another great thing about pants is pockets! It is so awesome to have a place to stick things. Hooray for pants!

I am pretty excited about my trip to San Francisco. I leave tomorrow morning. I will have a full day to hang out and have fun on Friday. On Saturday, I will have the show from morning until about 6 pm and then I will have the evening plus the first half of Sunday to enjoy the city. I think it will be nice. I have got my jewelry all picked out. I am not taking everything. Instead, I am trying to present a more streamlined, themed display. I am not taking the beaded stuff because it's really just not selling right now. I am going to try to figure out what I need for my display today by laying it all out. It needs to be super compact and fit in the big suitcase with my clothes. I am going to pack up the jewelry in plastic baggies and carry it on.

It would be super nice if James or a friend were accompanying me but I will be doing this trip solo. I think that can be nice too. I think it is kind of fun to be in an unfamiliar city on your own. I remember Melissa once telling me that artists needed solo vacations, so this should be nice. It's good to be alone with your thoughts sometimes and do things on your own terms. Well, anyway, whatever the travelling situation happens to be, I think it's good to make the best of it!

Had coffee with Melissa yesterday and got to meet her new pet toad, Lolly. She is just the cutest thing. Melissa and Nel have made her a little terrarium. It is so cool! It has a little coconut house and plants and logs and a dirt floor and also, a little pool of water. So cool! She was just hanging out in her little house, looking out at me. See pictures here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home