Tuesday, March 20, 2007

No book for me.

Well, my book proposal was not accepted. In the email the editor I worked with said that the group was looking for more precious stuff, like doing projects with heirloom quality jewelry, which my jewelry definitely isn’t. She said they really liked the organization of my table of contents and that they thought my pieces were fun but that ultimately it just didn’t fit in with their list right now. She expressed that she was excited about the ideas I had come up with and that she was disappointed that it didn’t get accepted.

I feel okay about it. I think it was a really good experience. It made me really think about how I spend my time. It helped me pinpoint some bad habits like spending too much time on the internet! ha! It got me focused. I think I learned something from the experience. It is also cool just to see the process of writing a book proposal.

My friend Julie who has written a craft book mentioned getting an agent. That would be an option, to shop it around, but if I follow my heart, I just really want to make jewelry and have as few impediments to that as possible.

Yeah, I am so glad I tried!

1 Comments:

At 11:22 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Well, shoot! Totally their loss. It sounds like you know what's best for you, though, and that's great!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home