Monday, April 02, 2007

weekend: show, cold, game night.


The first day of the garden fest was truly awful. My sales were virtually nothing. I was feeling pretty crappy all day too, having taken nighttime cold medicine the night before which made me feel disconnected and groggy all day. I was entertaining thoughts of packing up my tent and not coming back. However, the second day was great! I was feeling better and I sold a lot of jewelry! Yay! I love when things turn around like that. The weather was really beautiful both days which made it totally nice for sitting outside. My spot was under a big beautiful shade tree.

One of my customers made me so happy! She got really excited about the recycling aspect of my jewelry. She told me about all these changes she's made in her life recently for the environment, like using natural products and buying things that come in recycled packaging. That just made me feel really good.

I also got inspired by my friend Angie who acts as my model for my website. She came by my booth and we were planning another photo session and she was planning it around exercise! I just really admire that she was already planning it into her schedule instead of just going when she had time like I do. It encouraged me to plan out my exercise this week. Yay for friends who inspire us!

Saturday night was game night at my friend Sarah's house. Despite feeling pretty under the weather from cold medicine, I had a really fun time! I think being around good friends can make you feel better. Maybe that's why I felt better on Sunday! We played Apples to Apples which was really fun and Pass the Bomb which was super funny. You have to think of words that incorporate the three letters on the card and sometimes you just get the funniest non-words in your head while you are trying to think of something. Mersplefer.

Anyway, so that was pretty much my weekend, doing the show and game night. This week: busting everything out so I can spend two whole days at Warrenton!

3 Comments:

At 10:09 AM, Blogger Reader Of The Pack said...

So that's how you spell mersplefer! I was wondering.

I am happy to hear your second festival day went better than the first!

 
At 12:12 PM, Blogger tiny robot said...

I too am glad things turned around. See --- sometimes it does pay to stick around. I have to remind my impatient self that all the time. :-)

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I am still laughing about when you were all, "I believe you'll find that in any dictionary!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home