Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Kerbey Lane and Yard Work

My jewelry is on display at Kerbey Lane Cafe (the location on Kerbey Lane) in Austin for the entire month of June. For anyone who isn't from Austin, Kerbey Lane Cafe is an Austin mainstay. It's been here forever, it stays open 24 hours and has the best queso you've ever eaten! They saw my work at Blue Genie last December and invited me to exhibit and sell my work there. Yay!

My friend Sarah Eastep has just launched her latest line of jewelry on her updated website. Be sure to check it out! Maneki Collection. It's gorgeous! Sarah has a great eye for lovely little pieces.

We spent all day Sunday working in our backyard. We got one of those big tent things from Target that has the mosquito netting and built it in the middle. We moved our vinyl aqua couch and our hand-me-down lawn furniture into it. We also hung a light in it that I bought from a thrift store a while back. It is so nice!! We got one of those mister setups and tried it out but it was just too misty. It made everything wet so we took it out. We might try putting it on the back porch later on. We also planted more flowers, cleared more beds, mulched, transplanted some flowers and turned our compost pile. It was a tough day of work! You can see more of the results on my flickr page.

4 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Reader Of The Pack said...

Your yard is looking great and I love love love the light fixture!

 
At 9:40 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Thanks for the link!

I agree with Dixie, your yard is looking great, and that tent is perfect!!

I will have to go to Kerbey Lane to check out your display!

 
At 10:47 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool! Does that tent move easily for when you have to mow? I need something with a screen so we can sit outside and enjoy ourselves without being eaten by mosquitos.

-corntastico

 
At 7:23 AM, Blogger Dewdrop Falling said...

We can move it if we need to but it is really heavy and currently staked into the ground. It's not really meant to be moved. We are discussing clearing out the ground underneath and putting in something like granite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home