Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Blanton Show, Studio Work and Tomatoes

My show at the Blanton last weekend went nicely. My newest designs were well received. The show was held in the main room near the entrance of the museum. It is a very pleasant room to be in for 8 hours. There are windows on the high ceiling and long white walls so the room is very bright and open. It has a very neat effect. When a cloud passes over the sun, it changes the entire room.

This week I have been working on applications for some shows in the Fall, ordering new supplies and sorting through old supplies. I am patiently awaiting delivery of the last of what I need to start soldering. I hope to get my jeweler's bench organized and ready to use today. I want to get out all the pieces that need soldering so I will be prepared to start. Fingers crossed that everything works alright.

We ate the first tomatoes off our vine this weekend! They were really sweet and good. Hooray! There are tons of green tomatoes too. It gives me hope that I can maybe grow other vegetables in the future.

Met up with Victoria yesterday, we ran errands together in her new car and had mojitos at Opal Divine's before heading home. Her new car is so cute. She's been without a car for so long. I am so happy for her!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home