Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Emergencies, Family and New Necklaces

It's been a busy few days! Yesterday I dealt with emergencies all day. My poor dog has a bladder infection and had to go to the vet. My washing machine is not working properly and after the repair guy left I forgot to make sure the hose was reconnected when I pushed it back up against the wall and ended up with about 2 inches of water all over the floor when it started draining. Thank goodness for wet vacs! Beyond all that I managed to actually get housework and laundry done yesterday. I laughed when I looked at bedraggled myself in the mirror around 6 PM.

In the studio I have been working on pairing up the vintage charms in my inventory for the charm necklaces like the one above. I really enjoy the process of findng charms that form a theme and work well together. I have been making the necklaces a little longer because I think it is kind of fun to be able to see the charms you are wearing. Hoping to get some new necklaces on the Parts and Labour shelf and my website very soon. I also have a bunch of rings lined up to make just as soon as the weather gives me a nice day. Could be today! The glue I use to make the rings seems to set better when the weather is nice.

The weekend was nice. Kristin and Scott came over Saturday night and brought yummy food from Marakesh. We had fun. I enjoyed hearing about Kristin's past travels to Hong Kong and Japan. On Sunday we had James' mom over for brunch and board games. I made a breakfast caserole that had brie and vegetarian sausage in it. It turned out really good! We played a game called Shadows Over Camelot in which there can be a traitor. The traitor is a secret and is based on a card you draw at the beginning of the game. Linda got it on the first round and I got it on the second. When I drew the traitor card, I was kind of sad! I didn't want to be the traitor! ha ha.

I did my own Bust ad this time. With my regular ad, I also get a little ad on the website so I had to figure out how to make an animated gif. That was pretty cool!

My sister gets here today for a week long stay. We are going to go home and visit with my parents. My brothers are also coming in. And, I will finally get to meet my niece, Madaleine! I am excited!

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 10:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Natalie,

I love the charm necklace that you made. Your work is lovely. I am Adam M's mother.......maybe I will get to meet you when I come down for Flynn's birthday......Vicki S.

 
At 4:17 PM, Blogger Dewdrop Falling said...

Thanks Vicki! Hope to meet you someday soon. N.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home