Monday, April 23, 2007

A very fun Saturday night.


Oh my goodness, Saturday night was so much fun. We had drinks at the San Jose where two of my friends were staying and dinner at Uchi where we had a celebrity sighting! We were sitting outside having drinks and out walks Jake Gyllenhaal. It was so exciting. He is just as beautiful in person as on the screen. And Jake, if you're out there, I am so sorry I yelled your name out. I am rather embarrassed at my crazed fan behavior.

In the picture above, we all have that "I just saw Jake Gyllenhaal" glow. From left to right, Steve, Steve, Barry, Me & Katy. I have known Katy since Kindergarten, ran around with Barry in high school. In college I introduced them and they got married. The Steves (how adorable, a couple in which both partners share the same name) moved to Brownwood about 10 years ago and opened a deli downtown (Steves Market & Deli - seriously good sandwiches if you are ever passing through). This was the first time I had ever really gotten to know them and how fun they are. We had such a good time. As Katy said, I don't remember the last time I laughed that hard. A night like that is good for the soul. And congratulations to my friend Barry. An MBA is quite an accomplishment!

Crafting was fun on Sunday. Instead of working on a craft, I just worked on making earrings while chatting with my friends. Soon there will be some new earrings up on the site. I always get excited when I make a bunch of new earrings. They are like tiny little mobiles. You have to make sure they are not too heavy and they have to be interesting. I just don't like to make boring earrings. I used a bunch of the vintage beads I found in the Paris flea market.

Oh yeah, and I scored pretty big at Citywide this weekend. Lots of neat old jewelry and coins. I enjoy talking to the old man who sells the coins. He is full of interesting facts about coins. I love hearing people talk about their hobbies. I also scored a beautiful vintage black eyelet dress for myself! Hooray!

Labels: , , ,

2 Comments:

At 5:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lucky you! nice story, nice friends! :)

 
At 6:31 AM, Blogger tiny robot said...

Honey, I woulda yelled at him too... right before I jumped on him. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home