Thursday, April 26, 2007

Websites and Mix Tapes

When I start doing a project I can really get obsessed with it. This week I finally had a chance to get James to sit down with me and figure out how to get into my shopping cart software. Working with Etsy has made me realize how much easier it would be to add products to my website if I used the shopping cart storefront. I just couldn't figure out how to get it started. Once he got me in, I started messing around with the configuration, figuring out how it works. The one I have is an older version that came free with my web host but I think I will be able to make it work out pretty well. There are issues with the spacing but it will have to do for now. I have developed the look of it and now I am in the process of adding images and descriptions to all my products. I hope to take it live really soon. I think it will make me a little more efficient in my business.

James also has a special talent for making music mixes. He once made me the best Dylan mix tape ever. You might not think Bob Dylan could be romantic but you'd be wrong. ;) Anyway, ever since he got his new Ipod he has been back to making mixes. They are so awesome! This week he made one with all songs from 1972 (the year I was born). It makes me so happy. It has some great songs like Saturday in the Park and Ventura Highway. He also made a mix of 80's New Wave which has me saying "OMG" every time a new song comes on in the car. His mixes are really fun.

I have also been busy working on my latest website project. Along with it I am also helping the lady out with some marketing stuff like designing a postcard for her and getting her set up for mass email campaigns. It is kind of fun to use the knowledge I have developed in my own business experience to help someone else. Plus, it challenges me to learn more when someone tasks me with coming up with a new design. I find her enthusiasm for her business inspiring.

This weekend I am looking forward to my show in San Antonio, King William.

1 Comments:

At 9:27 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

I think it's cool that you're designing websites! I want to see them!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home