Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Cinco de Mayo Fun

It was a fun weekend! On Friday night we went out to dinner and celebrated Melissa's birthday which actually falls on Cinco de Mayo. She had a full weekend of celebration planned. We had dinner at Habana and got to sit in one of the little thatched huts out front. The food was yummy and they make awesome mojitos! The best part of the evening was when Nel sang a birthday song for her in Spanish. So sweet!

On Saturday night I went to a Cinco de Mayo party at my friend Jennifer Perkin's house. I had a good time. They had the toughest pinata I have ever seen. That thing would not break! Eventually people were just madly whacking at it without the blindfold. It was so funny.

I spent the rest of the weekend sorting through my back stock of old beads, charms and supplies. I have so much stuff! I came to terms with the side of myself that likes to sort. My mom once told me that when she was little they used to enjoy sorting her mother's buttons. (My grandmother was a seamstress and made all her seven kid's clothing, right down to their underwear!) Anyway, I don't know what it is but sorting things is so relaxing and fun. I was going through all my stuff and I just suddenly had this realization of "wow, I am having a blast!" ha!

This week I have got to get my ass in gear and produce jewelry. I have a show at the Blanton this weekend and I have been selling so much jewelry at P&L that my stock is pretty low. Good problem to have, right?

1 Comments:

At 7:05 PM, Blogger Sarah said...

Congratulations on doing so well at P&L and on your show at the Blanton!

I have a similar thing to the sorting affinity--I like to see things grouped into little categories. I have a whole bunch of photos of little groups like that. I keep meaning to make a flickr set of them...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home